Welcome to my blog! My life isn't that interesting, but I like to make note of it anyway. Please feel free to leave your comments. If you don't comment, it's like you don't exist. Sign my guest book and leave your mark! Come back soon!!:):):):).

http://www.sparklee.com - glitter text

« Home | Princess » | Water Lilly » | Sand Shark » | Sea Turtle2 » | Moon Jelly Fish2 » | HAPPY 8 YEAR ANNIVERSARY, BABY!!!!! » | Sunset » | Beautiful Day » | Flowers » | Pretty » 

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 

Sand Storm

Last night was the worst I have seen it in a long time. We had wind gusts up to 50 mph and when you live in this dry state, nothing but fine sand blows. I had to DRIVE IN IT! I was praying when I got to the end of my street...I was sitting there and could feel the van shaking! Shaking! The wind was pushing me as I sat there and I was just rocking! IT WAS THE SCARIEST THING! I thought that was the worst of it, but oh no...Little did I know what was going to happen in the next 10 minutes. So, I started praying and went about my way to work. I got to this one long rode and the visibility was about 5 feet...I could barley see the working truck that was in front of me. You couldn't see anything!!! Now imagine this while your driving. You can't just stop in the road, because there are people behind you. There's no where to pull off on that road, anyway. I was so scared. I just prayed out loud the entire time and I kept saying, "oh my god!" over and over. I put my hazard lights on thinking someone behind me might see that and not rear-end me. I was going like 22 mph on a 45mph road. The truck in front of me saw that I had my lights on and he put his on, too. I was thankful for that, because if he hadn't I wouldn't had been able to see him at all! It worked and we finally got through it. All you saw was sand everywhere. I must have ran over 100 or more tumble weeds. Things were being slammed into the van. I ran over some kind of board that was pushed under the van (no warning, no nothing!) It was awful. The temperature dropped to 30 degrees. I called Charles at work for some extra support. He also wanted me to call him when I got there (I usually do!), but it was the worst thing, ever. People at work didn't even know what was going on. They're stuck inside a building. Three girls were walking out to take their break outside. Security sat there and mumbled as I walked in, "I wouldn't go out there if I had break!" and as I passed I said, "you and me both!" It was just absolutely awful! I don't like driving in the first place. I don't enjoy it! I actually hate it and to drive in something like that...I just never want to have to do that again. It was like out of Hollywood or something. Trees were reported uprooted all over, branches and debris in the road, lines were down and people lost there power...Just awful! I want to move back to NY! :-P~

Winds are blowing again today...but only like 20mph, now.

Yep, I did it!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Hillary
  • From NY living in New Mexico, United States
  • I'm a Christian bride and blessed mom of two beautiful children. I got married to the love of my life on August 11th. We've been together for over 9 years. I was born and raised in NY and I miss my home. I love the sound of rain.:) I hate the smell of butter cooking.:-P I adore all types of animals. I have 2 cats that I love very much. I wish I could have more animals, but this is good for now. We also feed the birds outside and I have a squirrel that comes, too! We have to feed God's creatures! Everyone needs LOVE and food. :)
My profile myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Daily Scripture Email List - www.TAGnet.org/scripture
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
YOLANDA ADAMS lyrics
The current mood of ProudMom at www.imood.com May God Bless You, Always! .

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
www.flickr.com
Hsandia34's photos More of Hsandia34's photos
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Wedding pictures/Family. Make your own badge here.
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
ThinkExist.com Quotes
www.flickr.com
Lillian Gracie Hsandia34's Lillian Gracie photoset
CURRENT MOON
lunar phases
May God Bless You, Always!.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
counter easy hit