Welcome to my blog! My life isn't that interesting, but I like to make note of it anyway. Please feel free to leave your comments. If you don't comment, it's like you don't exist. Sign my guest book and leave your mark! Come back soon!!:):):):).

http://www.sparklee.com - glitter text

« Home | Last Night » | Speed Bumps Ahead » | Hotel Rwanda » | Happiness » | Long days, Long Nights » | Navigator n me » | Ford F-150 » | Mini Coop Convertible » | Chrysler 300 » | Jeep Gladator Concept » 

Saturday, April 30, 2005 

Home Sweet Home

I didn't relies how much I missed home until today at Wal-Mart. One thing I noticed about living here in NM, people treat you differently than where I am from. I have NEVER experienced such ignorance until 6 years ago when I moved to this dusty state. I try not to let it bother me, because people ARE ignorant. They think there are only three races here (in NM) and that's it, very closed-minded people. I got some really dirty looks and all over what? I don't understand prejudice people. I will never understand prejudice people. I brush my shoulders off and keep truckin'. Today, though seemed overwhelming. I do miss home. I miss the smiles and the polite people that hold the door open for you as you enter a store. I miss the warm personalities that I experienced everyday. I'm not saying that they're aren't rude people where I am from, I'm just saying I never experienced that ever until moving here. I miss familiar faces. The sweet scent of lilacs in the air as the breeze floats over your nose. I miss my dad's wrinkled nose as he looks at me with that expression he always makes (indescribable.) The sound of his voice as I am in the same house as it echoed through the 30 year old walls. I miss the "Hello" that you get as you pass a total stranger walking on the wide streets. I miss the sound of other children at play. It always sounds like a warm place to live in. Children everywhere playing hockey in the street, skateboarding on large ramps in the middle of the road. I miss the grass that we used to play Frisbee in, the padded soft ground that you could fall in and not get that hurt. I guess I'm really home sick and didn't really notice until now. I try to make the best of it, but than I get reminded on days like this. You really don't understand, until you experience it yourself. I know there are mean, ignorant people all over this planet. It's a sad way to live, really. I see it from a different perspective now living someplace else for such a long period of time. Life, isn't easy, this I know. I guess there isn't anything like home and I miss it. I stay there for like a week when I visit and I get my fill and I am ready to move on. I just can't wait to go back...

I'm sorry Ma. People are just stupid around here, don't know why they are the way they are, but just keep your head up. IT's their problem and not yours or ours. I love you. We'll have you home soon.

what happened at Wal-Mart? I'm sorry to hear you're having such a horrible time out there. You will no doubt gain something, if only perspective, from your time in NM. Just keep your head up. :)

I know Babe, just gets a little old when it happens all the time. Ya know?!

Just people being stupid is all, Jen. It just gets to me after awhile. Like I said I try to brush it off and move on, but there's only so much a person can take!

Which Wal-Mart were you at? Coors and the Bypass or Rio Rancho? There are so many now. You're right about people being unfriendly in stores at NM. Even in Isleta, where we supposedly all know each other, folks are rude at the gas station and stuff.

The Wal-Mart on Carlisle and Manual. Usually, we got to the one on Coors...People just suck here and I'm tired of it. It's an un-friendly place to live.

I used to live on carlisle and comanche- that was our wal-mart! It really is an unfriendly place. I'm really sorry that happened to you. I think people in NM are just depressed (except the super rich white folks up by Tramway...) because life doesn't really go anywhere. Land of Enchantment? More like "Land of Entrapment." Nevertheless, it's my homestate so I'm nostalgic about it. (Probably because I don't live there anymore!)

I hear ya! We go to that Wal-Mart every now and then, because there are less people there than the one on Coors. People here ARE depressed. Now I know why Charles always calls it the "Land of Entrapment." It hopefully won't be much more. I'll be ecstatic when we move and move far away. :)~ Will you ever move back here? Is all your family in Isleta?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Hillary
  • From NY living in New Mexico, United States
  • I'm a Christian bride and blessed mom of two beautiful children. I got married to the love of my life on August 11th. We've been together for over 9 years. I was born and raised in NY and I miss my home. I love the sound of rain.:) I hate the smell of butter cooking.:-P I adore all types of animals. I have 2 cats that I love very much. I wish I could have more animals, but this is good for now. We also feed the birds outside and I have a squirrel that comes, too! We have to feed God's creatures! Everyone needs LOVE and food. :)
My profile myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Daily Scripture Email List - www.TAGnet.org/scripture
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
YOLANDA ADAMS lyrics
The current mood of ProudMom at www.imood.com May God Bless You, Always! .

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
www.flickr.com
Hsandia34's photos More of Hsandia34's photos
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Wedding pictures/Family. Make your own badge here.
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
ThinkExist.com Quotes
www.flickr.com
Lillian Gracie Hsandia34's Lillian Gracie photoset
CURRENT MOON
lunar phases
May God Bless You, Always!.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
counter easy hit