Welcome to my blog! My life isn't that interesting, but I like to make note of it anyway. Please feel free to leave your comments. If you don't comment, it's like you don't exist. Sign my guest book and leave your mark! Come back soon!!:):):):).

http://www.sparklee.com - glitter text

« Home | A series of stuff... » | Stranded » | HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENICE!!! » | POOL PARTY » | Tired, but still on the go... » | My exact feeling... » | 25 going on 85... » | Happy Father's Day, Baby » | Soccer Camp » | Update: » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

It Rained....

FINALLY! We got rain and boy did we get it. Tuesday night I was off and after Charles, got home and we ate some dinner, we took the kids to the park. We played soccer and I couldn't even keep up with either one of my kids (but we're not going there!) After soccer and a worn out *me*...We headed to get some movies and then to Walmart. The sky darkened and it looked like it was going to rain. Charles said, "no it won't!" We headed to Walmart to pick up some groceries and while standing in line, there was a lot of over head noise. I looked at Charles and looked outside and it looked like snow coming down. EVERYONE was so excited and talking about it. People were running to the front doors to watch the hail and rain come down. We saw employees that were on break take off and run outside to see it. It was crazy. We started laughing. It's the weirdest thing when you live in a desert, people are EXCITED about rain. EXCITED!! Can you imagine? Oh yes, I was. We never see it. I see it on the news once in awhile. It will rain in the mountains, but it never touches ground and here we were in Walmart and everyone running to the front door to witness such a site. Thunder and lighting and a ton of rain/hail. As we paid and headed towards the front door, we stopped as well. We were going to figure out how to get out of Walmart...By now cars were honking and pulling up to the door so their families wouldn't get wet. People started to get a little crazy and were cursing at each other, because this one lady was standing in the way of the car. Honking like you wouldn't believe. I thought I was back in New York. Craziness. It's just rain, people! We needed it, all the fires we've been having and drought. This won't get us out of a ten year drought, but it will sure help. We'll take it gladly. So, on with my story...We stood there and watched. There's no way we could run out in that and not get drenched. Charles, talked to his cousin who was also at Walmart with his little, cute, chubby son. :) We watched it calm down a bit and decided we could make a run for it, because we were parked close enough. We did and reached the car only to find that our feet went under about 5 inches of water. Sneakers were soaked, socks, you got it. We were screaming and laughing all the way. I was carrying bones, because she's slow and we were already wet enough. We piled in on the drivers side all wet, but happy. It was really cold outside too. It was fun. I haven't seen that kind of rain since NY. We came home and the kids got into the "fall" pj's. We accidentally left the AC on and it was freezing in our house. LOL. We ate muffins with tea and pretended it was fall outside. We're such dorks, I know... But it was fun! :)

K. Well, I am and the kids are. lol. We'll be dorks.


Yeah, it was.


Love you, more.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Hillary
  • From NY living in New Mexico, United States
  • I'm a Christian bride and blessed mom of two beautiful children. I got married to the love of my life on August 11th. We've been together for over 9 years. I was born and raised in NY and I miss my home. I love the sound of rain.:) I hate the smell of butter cooking.:-P I adore all types of animals. I have 2 cats that I love very much. I wish I could have more animals, but this is good for now. We also feed the birds outside and I have a squirrel that comes, too! We have to feed God's creatures! Everyone needs LOVE and food. :)
My profile myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Daily Scripture Email List - www.TAGnet.org/scripture
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com
YOLANDA ADAMS lyrics
The current mood of ProudMom at www.imood.com May God Bless You, Always! .

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
www.flickr.com
Hsandia34's photos More of Hsandia34's photos
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Wedding pictures/Family. Make your own badge here.
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
ThinkExist.com Quotes
www.flickr.com
Lillian Gracie Hsandia34's Lillian Gracie photoset
CURRENT MOON
lunar phases
May God Bless You, Always!.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
counter easy hit